Is your Hampton Bay ceiling fan remote not working properly? This is actually a common problem. There are many different solutions to this problem that you can try. Please let us know afterwards which solution worked for you – we’ll be happy to hear more, and post your solution to the website.
Here is one thing a site visitor tried. This worked for a number of site visitors, so see if it works for you:
- Turn off the power with the remote. Within 30 seconds of turning the power back on again, hold down the fan off button for 10 seconds and this will perform a reset.
- Did you try replacing the batteries in the remote, as well as removing them and putting them back in again?
- Did you check the dip switches? Are the dip switches set correctly? If the dip switch settings are changed, the remote won’t be able to communicate with the fan.
- Try turning the circuit breaker off to the fan, then turn it back on. Hold down the light or fan button for 10 seconds.
- Try putting the dip switches back into the original position, turn the light switch off. Then, hold the off button for 10 seconds. Turn the light switch back on again. Does the remote work now?
These steps ultimately take into account the idea that the remote needs to be reset, but the dip switches also need to be set correctly. Sometimes, these steps mentioned work to clear any logic settings that may be misbehaving with the remote and the receiver.
Other reasons why the remote is not working, includes the concept that the receiver may have failed. If the above troubleshooting fails, the next step is to get a ladder out and take a look at the receiver. If you’re not sure how to access the receiver, it’s located inside the canopy. The canopy is just above the lights and below the blades inside of your ceiling fan housing. If the receiver unit appears to be damaged, or melted slightly, it needs to be replaced. A replacement receiver can be purchased at a local retailer, and are generally inexpensive around $30.
Here’s a video which outlines these reset instructions. Take a look at the 14:46 mark for the reset instructions.
This worked beautifully. Thanks.
I have a Hampton Bay white ceiling fan with a shell on the end of each paddle. The white remote is no longer working. Is there a replacement remote that goes with this ceiling fan or do I need an entire new ceiling fan?
Please advise. Thank you.
The number on the back of the remote is G9P2BTAUC7052T.
I remodeled my house 5 years ago and installed 10 item# 904-384 Model # 68168 UL Model # 68-ATR Alture 68-inch ceiling fans with the remote units. Love the way they perform but lately 4 of the units are acting up. The light will come on or the fan will engage on its own and sometimes this happens in the middle of the light which will get your attention. Please advise if remote units are replaceable and what steps I need to take to correct my issue. i would have called but could not find the correct number number
Thanks you in advance for your response