The receiver is a main component in your Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan. If the fan is not working properly, it may be time to replace the receiver. The receiver acts like a “motor controller,” and manages the light and fan functions of a DC powered fan.
If you are replacing a regular DC motor receiver, the below steps will work. These steps are different if you are replacing a Hampton Bay Low Profile Ceiling Fan.
Regular Replacement of Hampton Bay DC Motor Ceiling Fan Receiver
You will need the following tools in order to complete this task:
- Wire cutters
- Zip ties
- Replacement receiver part ordered from customer service
Before you get started- an important safety step is always to turn off power at breaker so you can’t get a shock.
Next is to disassemble the fan down to the motor. Use the fan owner’s manual for this step and assistance, or contact customer service. Here’s the rest of the steps:
- With motor extracted, disassemble housing
- Remove collar screws on motor coupling
- Bump the sides of the motor to loosen housing
- Lift off coupling
- Cut any zip ties holding wires together
- Unplug the connectors
- Unplug the 9 pin connectors
- If receiver is held down with 2 screws, use screwdriver to remove them
- If receiver held down with double sided tape instead of screws, pry the receiver off of the motor
- Bring new replacement receiver to motor
- Place the receiver under the motor coupling
- If original receiver used screws, reinstall or use mounting tape
- Connect antenna connectors back, then reconnect 9 pin connectors
- Use zip ties to fasten wires / secure them
- Align top plate holes on housing
Below is a video walkthrough of how to replace a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Receiver. This should be useful to help you to replace this commonly malfunctioning part on your fan.
You must log in to post a comment.