Do you need help with Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Installation?
These instructions can change depending upon the model of Hampton Bay ceiling fan that you pick. For the best instruction set, you should refer to the manual and/or instructions that came with your fan. That is always the best way to go about. In the event you cannot find the original documentation that came with the fan purchase, then try taking a look on Google for your model. Not sure of your model? You can find it on the bottom housing or sometimes inside of the housing of the fan.
The below instructions are general instructions for Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Installation.
Here is an excellent step by step video on how to install a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan also. These instructions are generally pretty generic, so if you learn how to install a Hampton Bay fan you can also learn to install other ceiling fans, too!
Part 1 – Installation of the Mounting for the Ceiling Fan
- You’ll want to slowly loosen the two screws, that reside on top of the motor assembly. These are in the “collar” which is a circle that actually looks like a collar.
- Next you’ll want to remove the canopy ring. This is done by turning the right to the right. After doing this, and unscrewing the canopy ring, it will unlock.
- The next step is to remove the mounting plate. The mounting plate is on the top of the canopy. You’ll want to loosen the four screws here.
- Once that’s done, the non-slotted screws should be removed by a screwdriver. You can then remove the mounting plate.
Instructions for a Hampton Bay San Marino Ceiling Fan Installation
The below instructions are in point form. They were made while installing a Hampton Bay San Marino ceiling fan. Some of this information may be useful for installing other ceiling fans as well – not just the San Marino, as many installation steps are generic amongst Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans.
- Lot of parts and assembly
- Make sure there is reinforcement in the ceiling mount (inside of the ceiling)
- Wood grain facing down position
- Avoid using power tools on rubber parts, such as impact gun
- Use a hand screw driver for most of the major assembly
- Put the blades onto the housing and fasten using screws
- Check when assembling that not skipping parts
- Ensure the mounting hole in ceiling has all parts – nothing stripped or missing
- If installing with the lights, attach the light holder assembly
- 2 wires for hooking up the power – should be straight forward to avoid polarity issues
- Pullchains are hooked up near the end of the installation
Installing the Light Kit
- Remove packaging screws
- When putting light kit together, may need to remove some screws in order to get the housing together
- Don’t use serious force on the light kit housing or it could break
- For this ceiling fan, there were three (3) screws on the outside of the light kit. When tightening the screws, it was more effective
to tighten the screws after all three were in place.
- Try to keep the fan balanced so there is no fan wobble at all when the fan is moving.
Mounting the Fan to the Ceiling
- 2/4 screws were removed in this installation as two of the screws were for packaging only. It was easier to install the mounting with the two remaining screws.
- Try to keep the washers where they are
Installation instructions for Hampton Bay Dual Mount Light Fixtures
This dual use light kit can work in two ways. The first way is, the light kit can attach directly to the ceiling. The second method, is it can attach to a ceiling fan directly.
Here are step by step instructions for removing the old fixture, assembling a Hampton Bay Dual Mount Light Fixture and installing it.
Before you begin the installation process, turn off the power supply to the existing light fixture. You can do this by turning off the switch on your circuit breaker.
Remove the old fixture
Use a screwdriver to remove the old fixture from the ceiling. If the fixture is heavy, you may need an extra set of hands to help you remove it.
Assemble the Dual Mount Light Fixture
Lay out all the pieces of the new fixture and assemble it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Be sure to read the instructions carefully and follow them step-by-step.
Install the mounting bracket
Take the mounting bracket that comes with the fixture and install it onto the ceiling box. Make sure the screws are tightened securely and the bracket is level.
Connect the fan wiring
Connect the wiring from the new fixture to the wiring in the ceiling box. You should have a black wire, a white wire, and a green or copper wire (which is the ground wire). Connect the black wire from the fixture to the black wire from the ceiling box, the white wire to the white wire, and the green/copper wire to the green/copper wire.
Once the wiring is connected, lift the fixture up to the mounting bracket and secure it in place with the screws provided.
Depending on the type of fixture you have, you may need to attach shades or bulbs. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for this step.
- Turn off the electricity at the circuit breaker before beginning installation, in order to not get electrocuted!
- Wiring should be completed to the National Electric Code, and local electrical codes. Wiring should be completed by a technician or electrician who is certified.
- Fixture requires mounting to an approved outlet box that is wired directly into the building.